|Other Names||Portoro Marble, Negro Portoro marble, Portoro Black Gold Marble, Black Portoro marble, Portor Marble, Port Oro marble, Black Gold Marble|
|Country of Origin||Italy|
Marble is from the Greek word for shining stone. The beautiful luster of polished marble is due to the light penetrating for a short distance into the rock and then reflecting off of the surfaces of the deeper-lying crystals. Architecturally, marble is a term applied to any metamorphosed limestone or serpentine rock which is able to be polished. The crystalline structure of marble gives it its beauty. The sparkle in the marble is from the light glistening off of the facets of the rhombohedra shaped crystal grains. Quarried in Italy, Nero Portoro marble is naturally elegant, and when part of the StonePly panel system becomes light weight, easy to work with and incredibly strong.
- Natural Stone Facing - Granite, marble, limestone, travertine, slate, onyx
- 20% of the weight of solid stone
- Impact strength is more than 60 times greater than 1 1/4" thick marble
- Unlimited choice of stone: marble, granite, limestone, travertine from anywhere in the world.
- Polished, scored, honed, flamed or sandblasted finishes available
- Tested to over 400 psf wind load capacity. (Equivalent to a 300mph tornado force wind)
- Stability, will not warp like many solid 3 cm stones
- Tested for acid rain, freeze-thaw and seismic racking
- Uses including exterior and interior wall panels, siding, soffits and elevator cab cladding.
- Can be made into prefabricated wall panels
- Quickly and easily field installed.
- High flexural strength allows larger size panels and high wind load capacities
- Impervious to water penetration
- Increases building exterior explosion resistance.
- Proven performance in all climates
- Reduced in-place cost and installation time
- Water walls, fountains and water features
- Bathrooms, spas, saunas and showers.
- Partitions and dividers